Documentchain Support research
Looking for help, instructions and more information about the DMS Core Wallet?
Menu commands and other controls
In the following screenshot, please click on the desired menu command or another element of the user interface to retrieve information.
Short description: Overview and functions for the anonymous transaction of coins.
In the Wallet main window. On the tab Overview.
PrivateSend gives you true financial privacy by obscuring the origins of your funds. All the DMS in your wallet is comprised of different "inputs" which you can think of as separate, discrete coins.
PrivateSend uses an innovative process to mix your inputs with the inputs of two other people, without having your coins ever leave your wallet. You retain control of your money at all times.
The PrivateSend process works like this:
- PrivateSend begins by breaking your transaction inputs down into standard denominations. These denominations are 0.01 DMS, 0.1 DMS, 1 DMS and 10 DMS - sort of like the paper money you use every day.
- Your wallet then sends requests to specially configured software nodes on the network, called "masternodes." These masternodes are informed then that you are interested in mixing a certain denomination. No identifiable information is sent to the masternodes, so they never know "who" you are.
- When two other people send similar messages, indicating that they wish to mix the same denomination, a mixing session begins. The masternode mixes up the inputs and instructs all three users' wallets to pay the now-transformed input back to themselves. Your wallet pays that denomination directly to itself, but in a different address (called a change address).
- In order to fully obscure your funds, your wallet must repeat this process a number of times with each denomination. Each time the process is completed, it's called a "round." Each round of PrivateSend makes it exponentially more difficult to determine where your funds originated.
- This mixing process happens in the background without any intervention on your part. When you wish to make a transaction, your funds will already be anonymized. No additional waiting is required.
- Form overviewpage.ui >
OverviewPage > horizontalLayout > verticalLayout_2 > framePrivateSend